What you will do
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and design to make every aspect of the BigSpring product intelligently data driven.
- Develop our productized analytics offering, enabling clients to track and measure workforce skills training outcomes. This will include the development of Performer Score, the BigSpring proprietary real-time measure of proficiency.
- Produce actionable insights, conduct research, and make data-driven product decisions by applying a diverse set of tactics including statistics, quantitative reasoning, experimentation, and understanding of user behavior.
- Own, coordinate, and solve complex, cross-functional problems that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of the domains of product, analytics, and data science.
- Lead the overall data strategy and implementation by driving what we measure and how we measure it.
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day analytics support across the organization by reacting to ad-hoc questions and requests influencing decision making.
What you bring
- 3+ years analytics experience or equivalent.
- Fluency in SQL, fundamental understanding of statistical analysis and awareness of common pitfalls of data analysis.
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (Our current stack consists of PostgreSQL, Metabase, Mixpanel, and Node.js).
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and a desire to understand the data pipeline from end to end.
- Experience in synthesizing and applying data-backed insights to solve practical product problems.
- Familiarity with data warehouse design and best practices.
- A product-first mindset with a forward-thinking approach about how to use your craft to enable and evolve the user, the business, and the brand.
- A willingness to be a broad generalist, wear many hats, and react to changing requirements.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, work autonomously, understand tradeoffs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially when working with non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion and enthusiasm about your craft.