UI / UX Designer
If you’re looking to ditch the monotony and predictability in your career, read on.
If you’re a passionate go-getter with a head for unconventional solutions and a heart for team spirit, skip straight to our email.
If you’re excited at the prospect of collaborating with a global team that loves challenging the status quo, you’re in.
At BigSpring, we’re obsessively solving a major global challenge – employability. Our mobile learning and productivity solution is empowering people with the skills they need for a higher quality of life and at the same time helping enterprises such as Uber, United Technologies, OYO and Eureka Forbes transform productivity and growth through learning. Learning that’s not about endless training hours or empty certificates, but about measurable results. Our large and growing content library draws from the best of web – we’re passionate about reinventing learning content, and taking it from #yawn to #checkthisout. Above all, our team that sits across India, Singapore and the United States is driven by the need to deliver something meaningful, whether that’s by working towards a common goal, demonstrating ROI or through our user obsession.
Design at BigSpring is a unique challenge. BigSpring must work for everyone: from Wall Street bankers to airport-service contractors all across several languages, cultures, and levels of technical literacy. Designers at BigSpring necessarily operate with a high degree of autonomy, confidence, empathy, and creativity.
US-only, Remote okay, Full-time
What you will do:
- Lead the vision for both the product interface and overall user experience by designing experiences and features from the ground up.
- Design adaptively to support several form factors (web, mobile web, Android, and iOS), languages, cultures, and levels of technical literacy.
- Contribute to the evolution of our design system and visual language of our brand.
- Work relatively independently and asynchronously as part of a small US-based product team within a global company across several time zones.
- Directly shape our design culture, values, and processes, and team.
What you will need:
- An ability to untangle hard conceptual problems coupled with a sharp intuition for how people use products.
- A product-first mindset with a forward-thinking approach about how to use your craft to enable and evolve the user, the business, and the brand.
- Demonstrated experience working within a small team.
- Demonstrated experience working with product managers to shape development roadmaps, oriented by strategic decision making and a vision for the user experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with engineers to understand technical limitations and implementation concerns.
- Solid design fundamentals and strong visual design sensibility.
- A desire for short feedback loops and continual improvement.
- A design portfolio or work samples that you can share.
- Minimum 3 years of professional design experience.
- A willingness to be a broad generalist, wear many hats, and react to changing requirements.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, work autonomously, understand tradeoffs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially when working with non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion and enthusiasm about your craft.
To apply, send an email titled “UI/UX Designer” to email@example.com with Your CV attached.